Advertisement

alienation of the scorpio personality

topic posted Mon, February 19, 2007 - 4:54 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
hey all, I'm new to this tribe, but I wanted to ask some imput. Now, I cant really speak for scorpio women, but speaking as a highly Scorpio influenced man, I'd like to say that it seems like the average human being cannot begin to understand the Scorpion psyche. In my experience, the common person is very moderate about most everything, but to me moderation is hard to comprehend. I live everything with extreme and intense passion. This turns alotta people off. In fact, I read somewhere that "the scorpio man is bound to provoke and unnerve everyone he comes in contact with" For me, this is mostly true, for ever since I was a small child it seems that whenever I meet new people I make either devoted friends or enemies, but mostly enemies. I guess all the intensity which is like breathing to me, is hard for others to swallow. I've be told that I "wear people down" with all my intense emotionalism. maybe. I also am a very serious cat, liking to discuss deep matters alot, and while I dont lack a sense of humor, I tend to run from "light and airy" conversation. I feel it is too shallow. In fact a former girlfriend of mine asked me once "don't you know how to lighten up and have fun?"

Anyway, I wondered if any other of you scorp types out there have experienced this feeling of being a stranger or being alienated from the average everyday person.

Thanx for the input,

Brandon
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • hey all, I'm new to this tribe, but I wanted to ask some imput. Now, I cant really speak for scorpio women, but speaking as a highly Scorpio influenced man, I'd like to say that it seems like the average human being cannot begin to understand the Scorpion psyche...

I don't see why sex here would make a difference...

Other than that yes I have the same feelings altogether.
    • Brandon is simply speaking from his perspective.....the female and male perspective often does differ....it simply is true about the way our brains are wired and the chemicals that effect them....
      I do agree that Scorpio characteristics cross genders......it was Steve who pointed out that it is more of the planets who help shape us.

So, Brandon I get the same thing all the time......
      • Yeah...hehe, ok this is off topic but I watched a special on the diff. between brain wiring of females and males. Females have a lot more wiring between the two halves of our brains, in fact males don't have much at all. So they did this test where they had both males and females listen to words out of 100% outside noise reduction headphones. The words weren't very loud-one word was said in one side of the 'phones the other in the other ear, at the same time. The girls heard a blend of both words but the guys just one. But both sexes were only allowed to say one word. So when the girls would hear "bark" and "glob" they would say "blark" or something and the guys would just be like glob?? It was hilarious! Poor sweet guys!

As for what he said above I think female hormones can some time make that worse and other times not. Like how we get crazy when we're PMSing but those same hormones are meant to make us be a nurturer. So it probably all balances out making it just as likely for us to be crazy Scorps.
        • I just finished a book called "the female brain" and it is intense how much more does go on in the female brain. The book written by a woman stated that a womans sense are more hightened in order to alert them of danger and this goes back to when we all lived in caves.......I recommend it.
          • Yeah it makes since that since men can only basically use one half of their brain at a time and the traditional job for men for the last several hundred thousand years has been a soldier/hunter that their right side would be more developed than their left. Since many societies have have been very patriachal society for some time the things that fall under the expertise of the right side of the brain have been exalted as higher intelligence, especially in Western society especially. I think women have excelled at both but it's like comparing a jack of all trades to an expert of one trade. Raising children and a home traditionally takes some hunting, protecting as well. But it made more since to have men do those jobs since we had to stay home and have the kids anyways. As societies became more stable we started using more left than right sides. However some socities did not take the path of Western/Eastern societies. This is why the research is very faulty and can't be used to describe all women or all men. I am very annoyed though that most research is only done on women/men who have decendents of one culture only. How would native American women have added up if they were tested and women of othe cultures that have just now stopped or are still living neck to neck to nature. I'm sure they needed to have a lot more spacial intelligence than the females who were couped up in castles. These genetic things get passed down and don't change very easily.
  • I often feel that way, Brandon. But over the years, I've learned to appreciate that about myself and also keep it to myself. I'm a shy person anyway, so I don't often become too intense around people I don't know well. And my thoughts now go through a filter when I talk to non-Scorps, which is most of the time. I wouldn't call it censoring, but it's definitely like a translation to make it more palletable by those I don't know. I usually get into trouble when I say exactly what I'm thinking. And a lot of the time, what I'm thinking is how predictable people are. Call it Scorpio premonition or psychic ability, but I often will think of what they're going to say before they do.

It's rare for me to find people who enjoy the same kinds of conversations I do. I like the lighthearted convos too, but not when thats all there is. And always having intense conversations would be exhausting. I prefer a balance between the two.

*;}
    • ya the intensity can be a rough ride, for myself though i'm happy I don't just walk through my existence, but that I really get to LIVE my life.

anyway, lightweights eventually blow away. find those who embrace the passion.

a scorpio knows very well we are not immortal
      thus carpe diem!
      • Unsu...

i think intensity is good.but somtimes you guys need to lighten up.
        if you challenge the intesity int somthing productive then it has a valuble use.
        if its going to destroy somtihng. get rid of it. or block it out.
        • no, river of tears, that's not the scorpio method. the first order of business is to destroy all of the the non-viable and counter-productive crap to make way for the phoenix to rise --otherwise, everything would get tangled and tripped up and the place would be a mess. if you wanna hang out with scorpios you've gotta excuse their purification processes --which can be nasty at times.
          • Unsu...

all imput is great....its nice to know I'm not alone in this world. anyhow, one of you mentioned that intensity ALL the time would be exhausting. well, it isnt for me. Strange as this may sound, intensity seems to fuel me and give me energy and strength. In short, it makes me feel ALIVE.
            • To answer your question-Yes!

Though I have developed a sort of a Scorpio-light (or Hannah-light, whatever) public interface over the years. :) I got tired of futile attempts to explain my eclectic & brooding self to people.

So I try to share my intensity with the select few. I find this intensity very private anyway, even though one’s actions are bound to be imbued by it.

I don’t necessarily enjoy it all the time. Especially if I'm in a particulary introspective mood. Also, I do need to take a break from my own kind from time to time.
          • Unsu...

"no, river of tears, that's not the scorpio method. the first order of business is to destroy all of the the non-viable and counter-productive crap to make way for the phoenix to rise --otherwise, everything would get tangled and tripped up and the place would be a mess. if you wanna hang out with scorpios you've gotta excuse their purification processes --which can be nasty at times."

Well said & perceived, Steve.
  • Yes, Brandon, I have felt that sense of alienation due to a feeling my depth/intensity/seriousness, or what have you.

I don't enjoy the foo-foo conversations and generally try to avoid them. I've also noticed that I like to get straight to the point and will get frustrated when some one is dragging on and on about the same thing over and over.

But, at the same time, I am a very light-hearted person and totally enjoy silliness.

Perhaps for me it comes in waves. Sometimes I'm intense and mildly unnervine while others I'm completely the opposite.
  • Brandon,

I feel the same way about most people - way too shallow. Not that I have everything figured out, but I love the depths, and it seems that is too much for most people to handle. I think the Scorpio intensity (both genders) is awesome, but we are definitely misunderstood by the general population.
    • Unsu...

"I feel the same way about most people - way too shallow. Not that I have everything figured out, but I love the depths, and it seems that is too much for most people to handle. I think the Scorpio intensity (both genders) is awesome, but we are definitely misunderstood by the general population."

Yep, ive been experiencing this again recently. Definitely misunderstood and immaturely, inappropriately or inaccurately judged by some people regarding the levels of intensity, focus and individuals ways we bring ourselves through cathartic evolutions, heart openings and spiritual, heart, sexual, personal growth processes. When "friends" are too immature to recognize they dont know more than they do and respect our equally valid ways of being, experiencing love, life and blend of intensity and making light of sacred areas of life and self, then its often a sign that such people are not true friends with compatible depth mutual respect. Time to clear the space they occupied as 'friends', sometimes in such instances.
      • interesting read...

the scorpionic experience is indeed muy intenso...
        and often it explodes for me: everything gets brighter, louder, sharper

my path has been one of releasing the intensity
        releasing from the struggle to spasticly react on par with the perceived stimuli
        releasing the trying
        allowing ease to emerge

the pheonix need not struggle to be rebirthed
        the pheonix does not strain to fly

it is reborn
        it soars

the eagle does not strain in the hunt
        it folds its wings
        and stoops
        in free fall
        effortless
        weightless

... that is not what its prey feels tho...
        hehe.

it's interesting that the def of 'stoop' also includes: to yield, submit, to humble
        • Unsu...

intensity is not always the same as struggle.
          At least to some, intensity is simply being richly and consciously present, in touch with feeling and being, and being focused on our inner and outer / unitive experience.

As far as birthing goes, there is in fact quite a bit of intensity, sometimes struggle and focused energy during births of many creatures. Creatures in eggs have to break their way through their hard egg encasings, humans often go through intense, painful and long birthing processes both giving birth and being born, etc..

Even in grace there is strength, intensity, focus and cathartic experiences we either consciously or "spontaneously" engage and learn through which serve to develop in us these qualities.
          Seeming grace, strength, broadmindedness, compassion, humbleness ( which is not the same as being a doormat personality, allowing others to repeatedly, condescendingly try to convert us to their limited growth, preferences & shortsighted views ), deep love do not always express themselves along external ideas of placitude, peace or social "appropriateness". Sometimes in deed such ideas themselves are more dysfunctional than the playful, intense or lovebased cathartic expressions which expand beyond and potentially shake up such limited or judgmentally held narrow ideas & fearbased sensitivities around issues some people are too fearful to be able to take lightly, explore more freely, play with, etc..

Sometimes overtly calm equinamity is very healthy and harmonious with situations...
          and sometimes when that is not working it may be more situationally useful to be a bit more intent or direct to redirect misplaced aggression, repeated forceful imposing judgments or other attempts by others to control us to see and act more in accordance with their short-sighted, yet selfrightously and firmly held, beliefs.

Balance is most important, and there is even balance to balance in the grand scheme. Microcosms within macro and microcosms.
          • Unsu...

"Sometimes overtly calm equinamity is very healthy and harmonious with situations"

And sometimes equinamity, calm demeanor or seeming placitude is really just a facade, shallowness of feeling or emotion, little depth,overintellectualization, arrogance, poverty or constriction of heartful playfulness, being overly serious, spiritually / emotionally / mentally or sexually self-constricted in fear to only recognize, acknowledge or allow a narrow range of free exploration, possibilities or experience by ourselves or others...

For clarity - I am not implying anything about eYen or anyone here specifically. Just offering a further exploration of the subject generally.
            • Unsu...

I know Im intense, I know Im full on. When I first meet people I keep it under control.. I used to think it was for my benefit, but now I realise I wait to see if they can handle it. I dont think 'fuck them' if they cant handle the intensity, I respect the fact that I can have a really full on impact on people. I try to see everyone as having something of value. Intense, Deep and meaningful aint the only good qualities in humans. Light hearted superficial fun I love as well. I am hilarious, my friends are hilarious. I have fellow scorpio friends who I talk for hours with, but other friends I enjoy what they have to give on different levels. Im intense on every level in my life, and sometimes it drives me insane but most of the time it gives me immeasurable joy. I have also learnt to really enjoy my own company where I can be as intense as I like without affecting anyone. Music gives me goosebumps and shivers in my soul, dancing makes me high, eating makes me ecstatic, looking at art stimulates my brain till bursting point, fucking makes me delirious and being in love makes me unbelievably joyous. I think we scorpios need to recognise our impact and decide whether they want to alienate ourselves because ultimately it is our choice. Sure I think if people dont like me that's their problem sometimes (because there are a whole lot of cocksuckers in the world), but at the same time Im not so arrogant to think that Im easy to be around.
              • Unsu...

"I think we scorpios need to recognise our impact and decide whether they want to alienate ourselves because ultimately it is our choice. Sure I think if people dont like me that's their problem sometimes (because there are a whole lot of cocksuckers in the world), but at the same time Im not so arrogant to think that Im easy to be around."

Useful consideration that is. I am coming to respect and appreciate myself to a point where I can be fine with modifying or muting some of my natural healthy creative expression and energy in certain formal or transient meetings with relative strangers. But in order for someone to be a real, true friend they are someone with whom both can be our fully uninhibited, real and full selves around each other while being and feeling mutually appreciated and supported in this.
                People who jump to assumptions, make judgments based on their own, often under recognized, narrow views, understandings or limitations on possibilities for situations, expressions, perspectives, etc and then try to hold another to them as right or wrong, appropriate or inappropriate are simply not worth occupying the space of real friends. If i have to contract, mute, warp or constrict my healthy albeit to some misunderstood or "weird" sense of humor, values, explorations, or ... around someone, this is often a sign that they are not true friends. And being around them would be allowing my own inner / manifesting being & healthy / healing explorations to be imprisoned or suppressed at some level. Which can be ultimately unhealthy and stressful, for everyone.

People / supposed friends who act one way around you, but then when they are around another friend or their wife / husband / "s/o" who does not understand you yet still rushes to judgment and attempts at "fixing" you to be more like them, "friends" who turn two-faced around their s/o and essentially lie in order to look different than what they have expressed multiple times as appreciating about you and ways that they have been themselves with you, to another person, significant other, etc., are something other than real friends. Or even simply integral, honest and heartful beings in that regard. As they are not ,in that context.
                Sometimes I am still caught off guard, surprised and feel a bit betrayed by such people Ive recently discovered. But am learning from such & recognizing more that it is just another way some people express their own insecurities, distortions, arrogance, fear, limited scope of understanding around certain realms of consciousness, experience, etc.. We all have our own ways of dealing and coping with such.

Simply connecting with and appreciating like-hearted people / friends with whom we can comfortably be our full selves, relate honestly yet nonjudgmentally ( as our honesty really only can cover our perceptions and experiences and truths - not as an absolute truth for either another person or often experience, expression, "meaning", etc ), and be & feel a loving quality of mutual appreciation, love and respect from and with each other is beautiful. A wonderful gift to both.

• Unsu...

Hmmm I think there it is just so hard to draw the line sometimes. Some of my oldest friends just dont get me 100% and often I've thought of walking away (and there are some that I have walked away from). But the older I get and the more I experience human beings I realise that the complexity of people makes it very difficult to find people who are totally comfortable with who you are as a person and equally, I them. I feel like I am segmented into different levels and depending on who I am with is how I choose to reveal those levels. I have always felt like I have been searching for people to totally accept me for who I am all my life, and i used to take it so personally when they didnt. But now Ive just got to a point where Im really happy with who I am and dont really care if people like me or not. But at the same time I just have learnt to guage other people really well. Sure you could say Im not being myself 100% sometimes, but I would much prefer to just have a superficial connection with someone I wont necessarily make any effort to see ever again, rather than being rude. I dont like to get my stinger out if I can avoid it, it packs a powerful punch. But with my best most trusted friends, they get the full on intense mother load and they love me for it and I love them. Tis life really.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    Unsu...

"Hmmm I think there it is just so hard to draw the line sometimes. Some of my oldest friends just dont get me 100% and often I've thought of walking away (and there are some that I have walked away from). But the older I get and the more I experience human beings I realise that the complexity of people makes it very difficult to find people who are totally comfortable with who you are as a person and equally, I them. I feel like I am segmented into different levels and depending on who I am with is how I choose to reveal those levels. I have always felt like I have been searching for people ... "

In part, I am referring to not wasting my time, generally and sometimes specifically speaking, with people who go beyond simply not getting someone / me into actually being judgmentally hostile, condescending or presumptuous toward what is in fact a healthy or healing cathartic process within oneself.
                    If it is simply a matter of not fully 100% comprehending where we are coming from with some areas of feeling, perspective, expression, etc , but at least still having the maturity, respect, love, appreciation & friendship to respect the equal validity of a quality, perspective, behaviour, etc experienced & expressed, provided it is not damaging or deceitful to others, such dynamics can often be fine for me. Provided there is enough mutual appreciation, love, respect, chemistry... to balance the relationship positively.
  • "the scorpio man is bound to provoke and unnerve everyone he comes in contact with"

there's a small difference between being frightened and being turned on... a horror flick brings on alot of the same feelings as sexual attraction. this is where scorpios thrive... the similarities in apparent opposites. the extremes.
  • Anyway, I wondered if any other of you scorp types out there have experienced this feeling of being a stranger or being alienated from the average everyday person.
    ~~~~~

yes, all my life ~ but I will admit to liking my tendency to be an "outsider" ~ most times I'm NOT looking to join the mediocre group ~ what passes for "normal" and/or "mainstream" often bores me to tears....

& the fact that few people can handle me for extended periods of time just weeds out the "dead weight", leaving only the more interesting & daring people for me to interact with ~ it's a self-organizing situation which frees up my time for the really fun stuff ~ the 'faint-of-heart' are just naturally repelled :)

love all-ways,
    mem
  • I really wouldn't be here but this post was right under something i was responding to..

ask yourself.. what is your purpose and why.if reforming another person is your outlet than take into consideration how the other person reacts ..dont just ''be''.have a reason...i think for such an intense sun sign that there is a lot of people on this planet cant handle it and i mean this also to the people who are this sign.even those who are it, seem to have problems handeling themselves.

much like my own sun sign, a lot that ive been hearing is runnign into careless when concerning the people around us.
  • Unsu...

I think it is because people look too much into Scorpio, the key for understanding Scorpio is threw Taurus. The complex character in my eyes is the basic need for acceptance that every human has. Scorpios tend to flock to me, and I agree with the alienation, but it is just so forced. The problems only seem so intense, because they are played over and over like a damn movie, rewind play, rewind play.... After doing that so many times, your going to get a bias view on what you want to think it means. To me Scorpios want to try to answer some things that just arn't ment to know. Sometimes it is best to know nothing then it is to know something. The sign of Taurus is about simple pleasures. Opposites seem to be a reflection of themselfs, and this is where you get Sex and Scorpio is threw Taurus, not the 8th house. It might help to try to develop some Tauriean talents to support the Scorpio ones. Plant some flowers, a Scorpio not connecting to others is a sad sad Scorp. That is the root of obession, playing by yourself too much, and not sharing, Scorpio does come right after Libra, do most relationships fail before they even have a chance to be started lol. Fixed signs all deal with Ego, and the first person they have to master is self. I am the last person to belive in depth, to me everything is shallow waters !!!! The mind is a wonderful tool, and emotions are bias LOL. Study the difference between your WANTS and your NEEDS ..... My brother told me this line and I was like huh wtf you talking about, until I put some thought into it. He said I would rather just pay for my rent, work 20 hours a week then pay all these bills. I got alot of earth in my chart naturally, complemented with ALOT of water.... so when I herd him say that, I was already thinking you got to work for what you get, you will get nowhere living that way, then I realized to myself, he just wants the simple life. I think thats the trap between Scorpio and Taurus... Both have GURU SYNDROME!!!! All the fixed signs have to learn about Ego, when it is the right time to apply it, and when to restrict it.

Allan
    • Ack I can't stand Taurus or people with a lot of Taurus. Sorry!!
      • Unsu...

Ditto, haha. Taurus' people think they just know how to 'channel my energies' for my benefit, silly little bubble head i am.
        • Unsu...

"Taurus' people think they just know how to 'channel my energies' for my benefit, silly little bubble head i am. "

Guess such Taurus people, or people thinking or trying such silliness, are forgetting of the cosmic and practical value and reasons for being incarnated into seperate bodies / entitites.
          To experience and create life with diversity, creativity and freshness. Not to be trapped in doing this quite the same way someone else mistakenly believes is "right" for everyone else, too.

At the least, to allow for unique perspectives, feelings & expressions with respect as we all learn what & how we feel is valuable to us individualized universal beings.

Recent topics in "Scorpios"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Want to connect with other gay Scorpios. B-Day 11/2/1960 James 1 April 19, 2014
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY... Stephanie 3 September 28, 2013
Shazam! Music Thread Flint 中 101 December 14, 2012
jealousy? possessiveness? Unsubscribed 7 June 5, 2012